It’s a big day for Xbox. This morning, at the “Windows 10: The Next Chapter” event in Redmond, Washingston, Phil Spencer shared the first look at gaming on Windows 10, unveiling the Xbox app for the new OS. A new blog is on Xbox Wire laying out Microsoft’s vision for gaming across devices and highlighting that the Xbox app brings some of the most exciting features from Xbox Live and some of the most popular Xbox experiences to Windows 10. More details are below and included in the blog post.
Please let me know if you have any questions about today’s Xbox news.
Some of the new scenarios for gaming on Windows 10 and Xbox One include:
· Bringing together the most important aspects of your gaming life with the Xbox app on Windows 10: Games, Friends, Messages, Achievements, Activity Feed, Notifications, and more.
· By bringing all of Xbox Live to Windows 10 devices, and providing developers access to the Xbox Live API, multiplayer gaming will be enabled on Windows 10 against players on an Xbox One.
· Windows 10 brings the ability to stream games directly from Xbox One consoles to Windows 10 tablets or PCs within the home.
· Capturing and editing game clips for games with built-in Game DVR on Windows 10.
· Improvements in speed, efficiency, and graphics for new and existing games with DirectX 12.
Phil also announced that Microsoft Studios is bringing “Fable Legends” to Windows 10 PCs, day-and-date with the Xbox One version in 2015. Fans playing “Fable Legends” on Windows 10 will be able to play against their fellow gamers on Xbox One.
You can access a few high-res images of the Xbox app on Windows 10 that you’re welcome to include in coverage here. Additional assets, including screenshots from the event, will be placed on Xbox Wire this afternoon, including a highlight video of Phil unveiling the app. Additional assets and details about Windows 10 consumer experiences unveiled today can be found on Microsoft News Centre.
Xbox has announced a stellar Games with Gold line-up for February. Xbox One gamers can enjoy the crowd sourced multiplayer game It Draws a Red Box, otherwise known as #IDARB. Two awesome titles will be available free to Xbox 360 gamers; Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, an emotional puzzle platformer, and Sniper Elite V2, a pulse-pounding third-person shooter.
Sony Network Entertainment International and Spotify Announce Global Strategic Partnership to Bring the Best in Music to PlayStation™Network
Spotify to Launch on PlayStation™Music This Spring in 41 Markets
Across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and More